§ Poverty: Who's to blame?
§ First blame countries
- Third world countries have terrible economic policies
- Administrations in third world countries are dysfunctional.
- First world countries block workers from immigrating for which we can blamefirst world countries.
§ Secondly blame individuals: The trifecta
- work at a stable job even if the job is not fun
- don't have kids if you can't afford it
§ Blame matters
- Blame affects wheher something is a social issue. For example, is the opioidepidemid a social behaviour? or should we just blame individuals?
- Blame affects who should be shamed for failing to change theirbehaviour.
§ Books to read
- Doing the best I can
- Promises I can keep